- Feature Links
- Welcome CSB/SJU Students
Welcome CSB/SJU Students
The City of St. Joseph welcomes you to the community and hopes that your experience in the City is positive and you enjoy being a resident. Since you are new to the community, this section on our website has been created to serve as a one-stop resource center. Identified below are some topics that you may find useful. If you still have questions or concerns please feel free to call the City Offices at 363-7201. WELCOME to St. Joseph!!
The City of St. Joseph maintains a Code of Ordinances which are considered local laws which are enforced by the St. Joseph Police Department. The entire Code of Ordinances is contained on our website; however, the following regulations may be of interest to you while living in St. Joseph.
- Noise-To promote the peace and harmony
- Social Host - To discourage underage possession and consumption of alcohol, even if done within the confines of a private residence, and intends to hold persons criminally responsible who host events or gatherings where persons under 21 years of age posses or consume alcohol regardless of whether the person hosting the event or gathering supplied the alcohol.
- Disruptive Intoxication- To provide for the safety, health and welfare of the public while prohibiting certain harmful conduct of intoxicated persons.
- Keg Limitations- Any individual of lawful age under the laws of Minnesota may possess a keg in residentially zoned areas within the City of St. Joseph after first having obtained a permit and sticker from the City Offices. Each property is limited to one keg.
The City of St. Joseph offers various services and amenities to all residents of the City of St. Joseph, some of which include:
- Parks - The City of St. Joseph maintains an extensive Park and Trail System, including the trail head for the Wobegon Trail. The City encourages you to walk/ride/run the Wobegon Trail as well as using the park facilities in the City, including strolling down the streets of St. Joseph.
- Human Rights- The City of St. Joseph is a partner in the St. Cloud Regional Human Rights Office which is located in the St. Cloud City Hall, 400 to 2nd St S The regional office manages all cases locally and the service is free to all residents.
- Utility Services- If you are renting a home in St. Joseph, the City provides the water, sewer and refuse service. Refuse is collected every Thursday and all garbage MUST fit within the container provided. The refuse company will not pickup refuse sitting alongside the container. Containers cannot be placed to the curb before Wednesday of each week and must be removed the Friday following collection.