The St. Joseph Compost site is open to residents of St. Joseph, St. Joseph Township, St. Wendel Township, and the City of St. Cloud.
2020 PERMIT RATES:
- St. Joseph City Residents - $35.00
- St. Joseph City, Rural Residential - $60.00
- St. Joseph Township/St. Wendel Township Residents - $60.00
- City of St. Cloud Residents - $45.00
COMPOST SITE ADDRESS: 7613 Ridgewood Rd, St. Joseph, MN 56374
HOURS OF OPERATION: May 1st – November 1st (Weather Permitting)
Mon/Wed/Fri 4:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Saturday 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
CLOSURES: The site will be closed on the following Holidays:
May 23rd- 25th Memorial Day Weekend
July 4th – 6th 4th of July Weekend
Sept 5th – 7th Labor Day Weekend
Nov 26th – 29th Thanksgiving Weekend (Weather Permitting)
ACCEPTED MATERIALS: leaves, twigs, branches and garden waste. Tree limbs over 3” in diameter must have all foliage & supporting branches removed.
- Apply permit to the backside of the rear-view mirror. License plate numbers will be verified by staff on site.
- Additional/Replacement permits can be purchased from City Hall for $5.00.
- Upon entering the site, check in with the attendant. All containers must be taken with you when you leave.
- Free composted material is available to permit holders.
- No construction debris will be accepted.
The following information is needed to purchase a compost permit:
- Make & Model of Vehicle
- License Plate Number
You can purchase a compost permit:
- In person at the St. Joseph Government Center
- Mail - mail information to 75 Callaway St E, St. Joseph, MN 56374
- Drop Box on the western side of the Government Center
If paying by mail, online, or via drop box, a compost permit will be mailed to you at the address provided.