**Due to COVID-19, the Government Center is closed until May 18, 2020. Compost permits can still be purchased online, by mail, or by utilizing the payment drop box. Permits will be mailed back to you.**
The St. Joseph Compost site is open to residents of St. Joseph, St. Joseph Township, St. Wendel Township, and the City of St. Cloud.
2020 PERMIT RATES:
- St. Joseph City Residents - $35.00
- St. Joseph City, Rural Residential - $60.00
- St. Joseph Township/St. Wendel Township Residents - $60.00
- City of St. Cloud Residents - $45.00
COMPOST SITE ADDRESS: 7613 Ridgewood Rd, St. Joseph, MN 56374
HOURS OF OPERATION: May 1st – November 1st (Weather Permitting)
Mon/Wed/Fri 4:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Saturday 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
CLOSURES: The site will be closed on the following Holidays:
May 23rd- 25th Memorial Day Weekend
July 4th – 6th 4th of July Weekend
Sept 5th – 7th Labor Day Weekend
Nov 26th – 29th Thanksgiving Weekend (Weather Permitting)
ACCEPTED MATERIALS: leaves, twigs, branches and garden waste. Tree limbs over 3” in diameter must have all foliage & supporting branches removed.
- Apply permit to the backside of the rear-view mirror. License plate numbers will be verified by staff on site.
- Additional/Replacement permits can be purchased from City Hall for $5.00.
- Upon entering the site, check in with the attendant. All containers must be taken with you when you leave.
- Free composted material is available to permit holders.
- No construction debris will be accepted.
Buying A Permit
The following information is needed to purchase a compost permit:
- Make & Model of Vehicle
- License Plate Number
You can purchase a compost permit:
- In person at the St. Joseph Government Center
- Mail - mail information to 75 Callaway St E, St. Joseph, MN 56374
- Drop Box on the western side of the Government Center
If paying by mail, online, or via drop box, a compost permit will be mailed to you at the address provided.